Thank you for visiting the Springdale Elementary School Counseling web-page. I'm Lashika (Shika) Palmer, and I am the School Counselor for Springdale Elementary School, home of the Dolphins! I would like to share a little about myself, School Counseling Services, School Counseling Programs, and Resources.
To begin, I have a Master's Plus 30 Degree in Counselor Education, with a concentration in Elementary School Counseling from The University of South Carolina Graduate College-Columbia Campus. I obtained my Master's Degree from The Citadel Graduate College, and my Bachelor's of Arts Degree in Experimental Psychology from The University of South Carolina Undergraduate-Columbia Campus. Also, I am a Mental Health Technician at Three Rivers Behavior Health, and I am in transition to transfer work as a Needs Assessment Counselor in the Needs Assessment Department at Three Rivers. To say the obvious, I enjoy the world of counseling and helping others! In my spare time, I enjoy reading inspirational books outdoors, and spending time with my family.
Please, know that you are most welcomed to contact me. We ARE a POD of Dolphins, and together we can continue to transform and to think differently! Go Dolphins!
Lashika (Shika) Palmer
Office Room # 103 (For Meeting With Parents and Teachers)
Classroom Room # 151 (For Conducting Classroom Guidance Lessons, Small Groups, or Individual Sessions with Students)
School Counseling Services
- Direct Services-direct services are face-to-face interactions between students and myself, and include the following:
- School Counseling Core Curriculum (Classroom Guidance)-consists of planned developmentally appropriate lessons designed to help students achieve the desired competencies in academics, interpersonal skills, or careers.
- Individual Counseling-sessions on topics ranging from study skills to impulse control.
- Small Group Counseling-sessions with 3-5 students who are in need of related support for anger management, anxiety, health/wellness, to name a few.
- Indirect Services-indirect services are anything that is done on behalf of our students
- Consultations with all Stakeholders such as Administration, Teachers, Parents, and Community Members/Community Organizations
- Referral for additional supports.
School Counseling Programs
- Character Education
- Hispanic Heritage Day
- Red Ribbon Week ( Includes College Spirit Day and Dress Your Dream Career Day)
- Stomp Out Bullying
- Attendance Spirit Weeks
- Operation Get Smart
- Career Vehicle Day
- Career Readers Day
- Angel Tree (The Counseling Department also participates in Families Helping Families, A Palmetto Project Initiative)
- Friday Snack Packs
- Dolphins' Recycling Team (Includes Earth Day Recognition)